To start with get an idea of the major bodies of water and countries that are in/near the United States.
Then get an idea of the regions and states within the United States.
Finally, get an idea of the world map.
Now do a little learning - choose a game based on which area you feel you know the least:
Apps for geography:
- Best Apps
- Atlas for Free (iPhone/Pad)
- World Geography (iPhone/Pad)
- Stuck on Earth - World Travel Guide (iPhone/Pad)
As we go along we will connect our geography knowledge to historical events. Think back to our lessons on :
- How did geography impact the Spanish-American War?
- Why was the Panama Canal important?
- What about Cuba? Find it on the map. Why would it be important to the United States?